Unsworth Primary awarded Quality Mark
Unsworth Primary School has been awarded the Primary Skills Quality Mark from the Basic Skills Agency for their high standards in literacy, numeracy and language skills. The Mayor of Bury presented pupils, staff and governors with a special plaque in recognition of their achievement.
To gain the Primary Quality Mark, the school had to undertake a rigorous evaluation procedure to demonstrate a high level of effectiveness in ten key quality elements. These include improving standards in English, literacy and mathematics, promoting working with parents and demonstrating high standards of teaching.
The Primary Quality Mark 10 Elements are:
1. A whole school strategy and planning to improve performance in basic skills
2. An analysis of the assessment of pupil performance in basic skills
3. Target setting for the improvement of the school’s performance in basic skills
4. Basic skills improvement planning for pupils under-attaining and/or underachieving
5. Regular review of the progress made by pupils under-attaining and/or underachieving in basic skills
6. A commitment to improving the skills of staff to teach and extend basic skills
7. The use of a range of teaching approaches and learning styles to improve basic skills
8. The use of appropriate teaching and learning materials to improve basic skills
9. The involvement of parents and carers in developing their child's basic skills
10. An effective procedure for monitoring planning and assessing improvement in performance in basic skills
For further information go to www.quality-mark.org.uk